At a Glance
ST. ALOYSIUS CATHOLIC SCHOOL
“A Beacon of Hope”
- Established in 1912 with 100 years of commitment and dedication to the education and spiritual well being of our children.
- School-wide prayer is shared daily along with celebrated weekly and Holy Day Masses, and retreats.
- Fully accredited by the Alabama State Department of Education through Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to support continuing improvement in education in the South.
- A challenging curriculum including EnVision Math (K-8) and Core Knowledge Curriculum – (see www.coreknowledge.org).
- Small class sizes in all grades providing individualized instruction for students. Average teacher student ratio is 1:17.
- Specials courses in preschool through grade 8 including Art, Music, Computer, Spanish, and Physical Education.
- Activities include Choir, Basketball, Soccer, Cross Country, and other athletics.
- Each of St. Aloysius highly qualified faculty members is certified in the State of Alabama and many hold a Masters’ Degree.
- St. Aloysius Catholic School maintains a safe, loving, and nurturing environment.
- St. Aloysius offers before school care starting at 7:00 a.m. and after school care until 6 p.m.
- Daily hot lunch program with delicious menus and following a nutritious wellness program through Christian Catering.